Friday, July 23, 2010

WootTF?!: The End Of History

Sent to you by Rio via Google Reader: WootTF?!: The End Of History via
Woot! - One Day, One Deal on 7/22/10

You know, often when I'm drinking a beer while sitting on my couch and
staring off into space for hours in an attempt to make the darkness and
pain I've tried so long to keep bottled up in the depths of my heart
from bubbling up to the surface, I sometimes think to myself, "Man, if
only this beer was stronger and I were drinking it out of a stuffed
roadkill coozie. THEN maybe I could get my life back on track."

Finally, someone has heard my silent prayers.

The End Of History, the newest brew from Brew Dog, is a 55% ABV (yes,
55% ALCOHOL BY VOLUME) beer that not only seeks to "get you krunk"
faster than any other beer in history, but also comes in this fetching
dead rodent package! From the site:

"This blond Belgian ale is infused with nettles from the Scottish
Highlands and Fresh juniper berries. Only 12 bottles have been made and
each comes with its own certificate and is presented in a stuffed stoat
or grey squirrel. The striking packaging was created by a very talented
taxidermist and all the animals used were road kill.

The impact of The End of History is a perfect conceptual marriage
between art, taxidermy and craft brewing. The bottles are at once
beautiful and disturbing – they disrupt conventions and break taboos,
just like the beer they hold within them."

Sadly, it seems all eleven bottles of the limited run are sold out now,
even though they were going for over $750 a pop. Rats. I mean, "Tree
rats".

[via The Daily What]





Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Woot! - One Day, One Deal using Google Reader
- Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all your
favorite sites

No comments:

Post a Comment