Friday, July 30, 2010

Anne Rice: 'I Quit Being A Christian'

Sent to you by Rio via Google Reader: Anne Rice: 'I Quit Being A
Christian' via The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com by The Huffington
Post News Editors on 7/29/10

Anne Rice, the bestselling novelist most popularly known for "Interview
with the Vampire" and her other creepy vampire novels, announced on
Wednesday via Facebook that she has officially renounced Christianity.
It's a bold move for the author who has become well-known for her
vehement religiosity; the majority of her frequent tweets are related
to religion in some way. The author has also recently launched a new
series of novels about angels, which debuted in October 2009
with "Angel Time."

Rice declared on her Facebook account that she is "an outsider" in the
Christian community:
I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be
anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse
to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to
be anti-life.
Rice affirmed that though she has decided to leave the Christian
institution, she "remain[s] committed to Christ as always."






(via GalleyCat)




Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com using Google Reader
- Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all your
favorite sites

No comments:

Post a Comment